2015 brought us a lot of neoprene. We also saw streetwear’s influence of extend to the world of high-end fashion, so much so that we started hearing about new lines being coined luxury streetwear, Pigalle being one of its prime examples. As 2015 comes to a close we look forward to the New Year with renewed curiosity about streetwear’s future fashion trends. Here are five things to keep an eye on.
- Certainly the first thing worth mentioning is that Beyonce is teaming up with Sir Phillip Green, Dorothy Perkins, and Miss Selfridge to launch her own streetwear clothing line next year. No doubt Queen Bey’s entry into the world of urban fashion apparel will be one of the most anticipated launches this Spring.
- We can expect to see a return to basics throughout various collections. While the focus last year was on creative, vibrant prints, this year we’ll witness more monochromatic colors. Classic black and white combinations which should be a prevalent theme this 2016.
- One print that will continue to run rampant (as it’s been a staple in streetwear fashion since its earliest days) is camouflage. Not going away, camouflage is here to stay.
- With the return to a more conservative color palette, designers tend to employ better quality fabrics – less polyester and synthetics. Expect to spend a little more for garments made from natural materials like wools and cotton.
- One natural material you don’t see much of any more – and we can confidently predict you will see less and less of – is fur. You’ve probably noticed the emergence of synthetic fur recently. It’s being employed as a complement to other fabrics, as interior lining for hoods and for collars. Parkas will continue their high-end climb while maintaining their classic streetwear staple status.
It seems like there’s a lot to look forward to!